WHY A COOKS RUN CEDAR HOME
Cooks Run Cedar, Inc is one of the most respected builders in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. Building homes since 1987, our business has won several national awards, and was featured in Timber Home Living magazine. Our portfolio includes everything from gazebos, saunas, deck systems, garages, home remodels and cabins, up to high end executive homes. We offer full log or frame construction with a variety of sidings and interior wood finishes all made in house at our mill. Our frame homes are extremely energy efficient, using ICF foundations and Icynene spray foam insulation. We have custom designed the majority of the 75+ homes we’ve constructed. We’ve also collaborated with owners and their architects/designers to create one unified flow of work, from initial concept through completion. Our estimates are very thorough and precise. There are no surprises. Our team of highly qualified subcontractors ensure a smooth and economic building experience. Having our own sawmill & design services allows us to offer the highest quality materials and craftsmanship, and complete customization of details for your project.
Unlike many other contractors, we build year round!
Why a Cedar Home
• More Rot and Insect Resistant
• Higher “R” Factor
• Less Shrinkage
• Less Checking
• More Natural Beauty
• Higher Resale Value
• Less Maintenance
Why a Cedar Log Home
• Custom designing from a basic cabin to an elegant home eliminates architect fees.
• Having our own milling operation and construction company insures maximum quality and flexibility.
• Because we are a local contractor, it will be easy to assure you of our outstanding reputation.
• Massive timber beams used in Loft & Roof system.
• Elegance & durability of Northern White Cedar walls.
• Tongue & groove cedar paneling and cedar shakes available.
• Variety of dormers and covered porches to choose from.
• Model home available for your inspection.
Why a Cedar Frame Home
• More economical in larger floor plans.
• More options in regards to exterior sidings.
• Added R-Factor in sidewalls.
• More options on interior wall finishing.
• Super insulate with Icynene insulation.
• Modified post and beam construction.
• More design options.